This pandemic has left me extremely nervous and anxious due to the severity of the virus. Because of this, I want to make sure that my immune system is in tip-top shape.
If you want to boost your immune system too…read on! This post may give you some ideas.
The supplements I take daily
I have done a lot of reading on supplements and herbs that show some ability to help strengthen the immune system. This is something I started doing around the time I opened my home daycare business (kids are full of germs!).
I began taking three supplements that I thought would help me get sick less and I have recently increased that amount.
Here is what I take currently and how much:
- Ginger capsules (Nature’s Way brand)- Two a day for a total of 1,100 mg
- Colostrum capsules (Jarrow’s brand)- Two a day for a total of 1,000 mg
- Probiotics (Align brand)- One per day
- Vitamin C with rosehips (NOW brand)- One per day for a total of 1 gram (see my post on rosehips: Are Rosehips Beneficial For Us? Let’s See What The Studies Say!)
- Vitamin D3 (Smart For Life brand)- Two gummies per day for a total of 2,000 IU
- Oil of Oregano (Puritan’s Pride brand)- Three soft-gels per day for total of 450 mg (see my post on oil of oregano: Boosting Immunity: Oil of Oregano)
- Melatonin- 2 mg in the evening
- Turmeric powder- Four teaspoons a day ( see my post on turmeric use: I Hopped on the Turmeric Trend and Here Is Why!)
- Green tea- Four cups a day
- Cayenne pepper- Not sure the exact amount but I shake a lot on my food and tea.
- Broccoli (my favorite thing to eat believe it or not!)- Full of vitamin C. I have two servings or more per day.
- Zinc lozenges- Six per day
- Garlic- In powder form, on my food (lots!)
These things are not guaranteed to help but so far, they are not hurting me. I am going to keep taking them indefinitely.
The things I do daily
Supplements and nutrition are not the only things that could potentially strengthen our immune systems.
Here is a list of things that I do each day for my health:
- Try to get 7-9 hours of sleep each night
- If the weather is nice, I go into my backyard for one hour to soak up even more vitamin D
- Hot water breathing- I heat up water until it is boiling, add a few drops of peppermint essential oil to it and then breath the steam in. I do this once in the evening while listening to one of my favorite podcasts.
- Exercise- I exercise six times a week.
What I want to add into my day
I am really interested in the benefits that I could gain from doing meditation during the day. My thought is that some stress relieving mental exercises early in the day would be helpful for me.
Being extremely stressed, worried, anxious, depressed etc. all the time can do some damage to our immune systems. It is important to me that I reduce the negative emotions I feel on a daily basis.
I want us all to be as healthy as possible
I hate this virus! I want everyone (including me) to kick its butt if it gets near! That means being able to fight it off well enough that we do not end up with a severe form of it or to just not get it at all.
I hope that what I am doing will help me in some sort of way. If you choose to take/do anything on one of my lists, I hope it helps you too.
What are you doing right now for your immune system during this pandemic? Let me know!
Thanks for reading!
#stayathome #covid19 #immunesystem #supplements #health #wegotthis