I know we are already into fall but I decided to come up with goals anyways. In this post, I will let you in on them and maybe you will get some ideas for yourself!
Goals/wants: Job and finances
This one is simple…get a job or at least figure out how I am going to get one. This is just sad now. I have been out of work now for years, applied to thousands of jobs with rejections and so on.
I don’t know what to do at this point. Should I go back to school? If I do decide to go back to school, what should I even go for? Should I start a business? What business can I even start? Ugh!
I am interested in starting a non-medical senior homecare business but I bet there will be a reason why that can’t happen. It seems to happen with all of my ideas.
My goal for the near future is to get a breast augmentation to fix my tuberous breast deformity, so I really need an income to have that happen.
My goal/want is to see improvements in my skin in regards to hyperpigmentation, brightness and texture. Here is what I am already using and what I might start to use really soon:
- Marie France Pure Kojic Acid Soap– This is a fragrance-free bar of kojic acid soap. It is commonly used for lightening dark spots which is what I am using it for. I use it only at night and make sure the suds keep in contact with my skin for 45 seconds. I have been using it for 1.5 months now and haven’t seen a difference but I am going to continue until the whole bar is used up. I was doing a body care routine with it (my back hyperpigmentation is severe) but I quickly grew tired of it.
- Black Girl Sunscreen SPF 50– Sunscreen is a must for everyone. I have known that for a long time so it will always be part of my routine. This particular sunscreen is perfect for me as it has a high SPF number and blends into my skin. Plus, it is fragrance-free. I apply it every two hours.
- Red light lamp- I have been using my red light lamp, six times a week for the past eight months. I think it helped with a fine line on my forehead so I plan on continuing to use it.
- Makeup Artist’s Choice Retinol Serum– I have been using this for eight months. Not sure if it has really done anything but I feel like I need to keep using it as retinoids are supposed to be great. I put it on after I do red light therapy.
- Makeup Artist’s Choice Niacinamide and Turmeric Moisturizer– I just started using this so I don’t have results to report. It is supposed to help with acne, dryness, hyperpigmentation, dullness and aging. I put it on ten minutes after the retinol serum.
- 20% azelaic acid cream- This hasn’t come in the mail yet but I am pretty excited for it. When it gets here, I will use it every night after the retinol serum and use the Makeup Artist’s Choice Niacinamide and Turmeric Moisturizer in the morning.
- Kojic acid body cream– I want to buy a sample of this and use it on my body because the marks are so bad.
I really shouldn’t be using anything but sunscreen due to me not being able to find a job and us living off of just my husband’s income. Whenever I get a job I will feel better about trying to improve myself. Right now, I am filled with guilt.
I have a few things that I want to accomplish this fall for my physical and mental health. They are as follows:
- Get better sleep- Now that I actually have to get up early to get my son to school, going to sleep at 3:00 AM is not a good plan. My goal is to start getting eight hours of great sleep.
- Drink more water- I need to do this on a regular basis instead of doing good with it and then falling off. Whenever I am not drinking enough water, I get UTI symptoms.
- Do meditation- I have done this a handful of times and felt great afterwards (mentally). My goal is to do it regularly- three or more times a week.
Eventually, I want to start doing some acupressure on a regular basis to further relax my body. If you are also interested in doing this at your home, consider getting an acupressure mat from ProsourceFit.
My goal is to continue working out as usual and to try out doing various workout videos on YouTube on a regular basis. I will be switching things up more often than I have been just to keep things fun.
I also want to start taking at least 8,600 steps a day. According to CNN, this is the number that may help keep weight off of adults and be beneficial for overall health.
Even though I don’t have a job, I mainly spend time trying to figure out how to make an income. Sometimes I feel like it is like a full-time, unpaid job. Because of this I still think having entertainment is important for me. Here are my goals /wants for this area:
- Cook more- I have always enjoyed cooking but I have fallen off as of late. I want to start cooking recipes that fit into our extremely tight budget (like ones from this blog).
- Read two books- My goal is to finish two books by winter. Reading is fun and great for the brain so it is important to me that I read on the regular. I have not been doing good with this for the past year.
- Play games- I love Solitaire and Tetris. They are great for the brain just like reading is. Because of that, I want to make it a goal to play them once in a while.
- Work on my book- A while back, I had the idea of writing a romance book. I had the plot and characters figured out but then I abandoned the project. I would like to revisit the book and maybe actually start writing it.
Things I am into right now
There are certain things I am really enjoying this fall. I thought it would be fun to put them in this post and maybe give you some ideas of things to check out. Here they are:
- Real Housewives of Atlanta
I said I would never watch one of these shows but I am now sucked in. As someone who was born in Atlanta, it is cool seeing different places that are there. These shows are great as an escape if you are into “Trash TV.”
2. The Patient
I love this new show! The episodes are short and leave me wanting more. Also, Steve Carell is looking better and better as he ages. Whew!
3. Murder She Wrote
Rest in peace Angela Lansbury! I used to watch this show and I am watching it again since I got a free year of Peacock TV. It is cheesy but comforting for me.
4. Delicious tea
I have been loving DAVIDsTEA for a while now. These three blends are really good and are perfect for the fall.
5. Tami Hoag books
I have really gotten into this author as of late. Her books have just the right amount of thrills, crime and romance. I recently started the one in the above picture and it is great.
I hope you found my goals and wants for the fall, interesting. You should consider setting some goals for yourself once in a while.
How is life going for you guys these days?
Thanks for reading!
Affiliate disclaimer: I am part of an affiliate program. This means that I may receive a commission off any purchases you make from the links provided.
#goals #fall2022 #life #rhoa #family #momlife #careers #fitness #mentalhealth #health