Having nice teeth is considered important to many Americans. It makes us more attractive to each other which seemingly provides us with better opportunities in life (personal and professional).
One way to have nice looking teeth is to be seen by an orthodontist and get braces to straighten them out, fix gaps and fix under/over bite issues. This is usually done to children but there are increasing amounts of adults getting them.
Another way to have what is considered nice teeth is to get them whitened. Since I already have pretty straight teeth due to having braces (for the third time), I decided to work on whitening them.
This post will provide information on the whitening kit I bought and my review of it.
Our teeth can get stained and yellow for a variety of reasons. These can include age, drinking/eating certain things, smoking, age and medications.
Because of a bright white smile being cherished in our society, people with stained teeth may feel insecure about them. They then will try to find ways to improve the shade of their teeth so that they can smile confidently.
Searching for whitening kits and services, one will find that there are no shortages of options. They include the following:
- Whitening strips
- Whitening trays
- Whitening toothpaste
- Whitening mouthwash
- Professional whitening services from Dentist’s offices
- Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide paste
Paying attention to the instructions for the products or services is important. This is so that you can get the results that you want as well as avoid the irritation that can occur.
The price for teeth whitening can range from $0(if you already have the ingredients at home)-$1000+. It is good for people to weigh their options to see what the best method for them will be.
The Fairywill Teeth Whitening Kit
This is one of the many teeth whitening options on the market that involve the use of trays. Here is an overview of the kit:
- What is in the kit: It comes with one mouth tray, one moldable mouth tray, three 3ml whitening gel syringes, one case for a tray, one LED whitening light, a small brush for the gel, an instruction manual and a teeth shade guide strip. The LED light comes with working batteries already in it.
- The whitening ingredient: The gel contains something called carbamide peroxide (has hydrogen peroxide at a ratio of 1:3). This ingredient provides the same results as hydrogen peroxide. The shelf life of it is longer, however.
- How it works: The instructions state that only ¼ of a gel syringe should be used at time. You are to apply this amount of gel to the upper and lower portions of the tray. The tray should then be attached securely to the LED Light which fits on the front of it. You then put the whole tray in your mouth and turn on the light by pressing the button that is on the top of it. After wearing it, you are to rinse and brush your teeth. You are supposed to wait an hour after whitening to eat or drink anything that may cause staining.
- Wear time: The company states that you can wear it once a day, for 30 minutes. This can be done for up to 14 days.
- Typical words of caution: Do not use too much of the gel, watch out for irritation, do not use if you are pregnant or nursing, do not get gel in your eyes, do not swallow gel and do not use on teeth that are decayed or loose.
This kit can be found on Amazon and it goes for $25. The Fairywill company also sells whitening strips, electric toothbrushes and water flossers.
My review of the kit
My teeth are not totally yellow or anything like that, but I have undergone a slight degree of staining in the last few years.
I used to use white strips which I found to be annoying so I stopped buying them. Since then, I have just been brushing with Arm & Hammer Advance White Extreme Whitening toothpaste. This has not really whitened my teeth any, but I think it may be preventing them from getting darker.
My ideal choice for a teeth whitening method is to get it done professionally at my dentist’s office. Because of the price, it is not feasible for me. So, recently I decided to look at getting a whitening kit which is way more affordable.
The Fairywill Teeth Whitening Kit came up in my Amazon search one day. I liked the reviews, price and the fact that it was a tray instead of strips.
So, I bought it!
I was a little overwhelmed at first upon the opening of the kit. It seemed like it was going to be complicated. Fortunately, the instructions were great and it was all very simple. From looking at the shade guide, I was starting at around shade four.
For the first time applying the gel to the tray, I think I used a little too much. Luckily, I did not have any irritation. The instructions suggest to only start off doing 20 minutes but I went with the maximum time of 30.
After a few times of applying the gel to the tray, I decided to brush the gel directly onto my teeth. This felt easier to me (not that the other way is hard or anything!) and I thought that maybe it would work even better this way. I still put the tray in my mouth so that I could use the LED light on them though.
The tray felt comfortable each time I wore it. I did not mind it at all.
I did these whitening sessions for nine days and have now ended up at shade one! This product exceeded my expectations. I did not think it was actually going to work that well.
It has been around three weeks since those nine days of whitening and my teeth are still that same shade. On the Amazon page for it, the description says that the whiter shade will last for 90 days or more. I plan on seeing if it does and then update this post.
The Fairywill Teeth Whitening Kit has proven to be a wonderful product for me. Not everyone will like it as much as I did but I would still recommend it to anyone who is looking for an affordable way to whiten their teeth.
I will be using it again the next time I feel like my teeth are getting a little stained.
What teeth whitening products do any of you guys like to use?
Thanks for reading!
Disclosure: Some of the links you see on my site may be affiliate links. This means that I will make a commission if you click through the links and make a purchase.
#teethwhitening #beauty #dental #teeth #fairywill #amazon
1 thought on “Fairywill Teeth Whitening Kit + Review”
[…] few months ago I had used a teeth whitening kit from Fairywill and did a review on it. Unfortunately, I didn’t feel as though the effects […]