I used to use and really like products with fragrances in them. When I met my now-husband, I had to give them up. This was because he is very allergic to added fragrances.
Having to use fragrance-free products has meant that there are fewer options to choose from when it comes to hair care for my type of hair. Fortunately, I have found a shampoo and conditioner that works great for me with no added fragrances in it.
This post will give you some fragrance free shampoos and conditioners that are great options for those with dry hair.
*I have used all of them so I am not just copying what I see on the products/websites*
5 best fragrance free shampoo and conditioner options
Before the list, I thought I would tell you about my hair.
I am African American and I have a kinky texture that is very dry. Because of this, I have to use hair products that will provide a lot of moisturization for me.
Without further ado, here are some product options!
- Earth Science Fragrance Free Shampoo and Conditioner- These both provide mild cleansing and conditioning of the hair. Best of all, they are truly fragrance free (no added fragrance at the end of the ingredient list). They do both have a smell to them because everything pretty much does but it is really light and inoffensive. The ingredients include things like chamomile, nettle, burdock root and jojoba oil. I have used and really like both of them. The shampoo is what I currently use on a regular basis and it gets my hair clean without stripping it dry. These are sold in 12 oz size bottles or one gallon jugs. You can find them here:https://earthsciencebeauty.com/collections/fragrance-free-2
- Earth Science Ceramide Care Fragrance Free Shampoo and Conditioner- These products are a little different from the company’s other ones in that they provide more strengthening and moisturization. They contain ingredients such as barley protein, chamomile, white tea and passionfruit seed oil. Both the shampoo and conditioner are sold in 10 ounce bottles. I currently use the conditioner and I find it really moisturizing for my hair.
- Kristin Ess Fragrance Free Daily Cleansing Shampoo and Shine Enhancing Conditioner- Kristin Ess is a celebrity hair stylist whose hair product line includes shampoos, conditioners, tools, styling agents and accessories. She uses the fragrance free shampoo and conditioner on her clients that have sensitive scalps. These were both moisturizing for me and I would gladly go back to using them if I could not get the Earth Science products for some reason. You can find them here: https://www.kristinesshair.com/collections/fragrance-free
- Nurture My Body Moisturizing Shampoo and Nourishing Conditioner: These are both wonderfully moisturizing. The problem is that they are expensive for just an 8 ounce bottle. If money is not tight for you, pick these bad boys up! You can find them here in the haircare section of the site:https://nurturemybody.com/
- Bulk Apothecary’s Natural Unscented Shampoo and Conditioner: These products left my hair very soft. They are sold as a base for people to make their own products. Because of that, you can add oils if you want to. Fortunately, I did not need to add anything. You can find them here: https://www.bulkapothecary.com/unscented-bases/
I would recommend these to anyone– not just for dry hair
These five fragrance free shampoo and conditioning sets are great for people with very dry hair as well as any other type of hair.
Just because hair care products have a heavy fragrance to them, does not mean they are superior to fragrance free ones. These shampoos and conditioners listed do a great job on hair.
The next time you are in the market for more shampoo and conditioner, consider one of these. They may make your hair feel good, reduce the amount of chemicals you get in your body each day and help out those around you who are very sensitive/allergic to fragrances.
Thanks for reading!
#fragrancefree #nontoxicliving #haircare #shampoo #conditioner #blackamerican #dreadlocs #dryhair #4c