I took an asparagus recipe and made it my own. It came out delicious!
For this post, I thought I would share it with you guys just in case you were looking for a new recipe to try that uses this vegetable.
Roasted asparagus with broiled cheese
This is not a recipe blog so I am not going to give a long story and explanations about everything…just the recipe!
Without further ado, here it is:
- 1 Pound of asparagus spears
- 3.5 tbsps of olive oil
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a baking sheet.
- Clean asparagus spears and cut off the hard ends. Spread them out on the baking sheet and set aside.
- Mix together the olive oil and seasonings in a bowl. Drizzle the oil mixture over the asparagus and evenly coat all of them (I put on a food preparation glove to do this).
- Bake the asparagus for around 12 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven. Pour the mozzarella cheese over them first and then the parmesan cheese. Try to do this evenly.
- Put the oven on broil and put in the asparagus until the cheese becomes a dark golden color.
It is best to serve this right away. In my opinion it does not keep very well for leftovers but you may find that it does.
A great lower carb option
This asparagus recipe makes for a great dish that is lower in carbs than many other ones. It is very comforting and even my six year old liked it.
Remember that your pee may have a stinky odor to it after eating this dish if you have the gene for detecting the particular smell!
Thanks for reading!
#asparagus #lowcarbfoods #keto #intermittentfasting #vegetables #diet #recipes