If you are like me, you like to bare skin in the warmer months. I am already looking forward to it!
What I am not looking forward to is the back and chest acne that will surely follow the warm temperatures. I am acne prone everywhere it seems.
Fortunately, I have found products that really help. I wanted to share them just in case someone is struggling with acne in those two spots and doesn’t know what to do about it.
The five products pictured worked really well for me. They might work well for anyone reading this too! Here is a little bit about each of them:
1. CeraVe SA Bodywash- This is a body wash that contains salicylic acid, niacinamide and ceramides. Its purpose is to smooth out bumpy skin in a gentle. It has absolutely no fragrance due to the fact that they sometimes cause irritation.
2. SAL3 Advanced Cleansing Bar- These are bars of soap that contain salicylic acid and sulfur. It is for acne and other skin conditions. The bars have antiseptic and antifungal actions.
3. Sea salt- Pretty simple! Many people have it around. It is all-natural and can be beneficial for quite a few beauty-related purposes.
4. pH Prep Solution from Makeup Artist’s Choice- This is a toner that is recommended by MUAC to be used before and after doing chemical peels. It contains glycolic acid, witch hazel and lactic acid.
5. Alpha Skincare Renewal Body Lotion- This is a 12% glycolic acid lotion. Its purpose is to exfoliate and provide antiaging benefits.
How they can be used in a routine
I have found ways to use these products in my body care routines. You don’t have to do exactly what I do though.
The following is just a suggestion on how these can be part of your acne-clearing arsenal:
*Cleansing the areas: Alternate between using the CeraVe SA body wash and the Cleansing bar on the areas where you get/have the acne. I cleansed my areas twice a day but once is probably fine. Make sure to pat dry after rinsing.
*Toner: I also alternate between using a salt toner (1 tsp mixed into ¼ cup of warm water) and the pH Prep Solution from MUAC. Even though the Prep Solution is supposed to be for using before chemical peels, I have found it fights oil and pimples. You could use one or the other though. Just apply to the areas with a cotton ball and let it dry.
*Moisturize: The glycolic acid lotion provides moisture to the skin as well as fighting acne. After toning, apply it to the chest and back. It is also great for the whole body.
*Something else you can do: Benzoyl peroxide cream/gel is another thing you can consider putting on the areas. This should be done a few minutes after the toner is dry. After applying, make sure to wait about 20 minutes so that it can have time to absorb before applying a non-comedogenic lotion. I believe that putting the glycolic acid lotion on after the benzoyl peroxide might be too harsh.
I hope this helps
Again, these are just ideas. They may work for you or not. I really hope they do help though!
Having acne on your chest and back is a confidence-killer when you want to wear cute stuff in warm temperatures. If you are struggling with severe acne in these areas, it might be best to see a dermatologist.
Do any of you get chest and back acne? How do you deal with it?
Thanks for reading!
#acne #skincare #beauty #summerbody #womenstyle #pcos