When it comes to supplements for fitness and calorie cutting, I have admittedly tried a few. This was mainly back when I had a really unhealthy mindset about my body. I would encourage people to just focus on their food intake and workouts instead of taking some of the supplements that are on the market. That being said, if you do want to take something that you feel will help you reach your goals, make sure you do your research. To be perfectly honest, I do still take a supplement stack for extra energy once in a while.
This is a list (I seem to have a lot of lists!) of things I have taken/still take:
- Hydroxycut(multiple ones)- These made me feel funny and a little bit nauseous. Did not experience anything good from them.
- Atrophex- This was a fat loss supplement that is now off the market. To be honest, this really did accelerate fat loss at the time and provided a mental boost.
- C4 Preworkout- This is a powdered drink mix to be taken 30 minutes before exercising. It did give me a lot of energy for my workouts but it also made me feel sick at times. The taste is terrible.
- Universal Nutrition Animal Cuts- This is a fat loss stack. I absolutely hated it because I had to swallow a bunch of “horse” pills two times a day. It also did nothing for me other than make me choke.
- Plain caffeine (coffee and pill form)- I still use this everyday like a lot of people in this world do.
- EC stack(caffeine with Bronkaid)- I still use this stack once in a while for an even bigger energy boost than caffeine alone.
So there you have it! I know some people are going to think I am terrible for having taken these things but it is what it is. I know the risks now. While I do not recommend a few of the things on the list, a person needs to decide for themselves what they will or will not take.