Signs of aging in our skin are completely normal and inevitable. We are not going to have the skin of a baby/little kid for the rest of our lives!
Despite knowing this, I (and many, many others) want to halt the aging and reduce it if possible. I have recently come across Frownies Wrinkle Patches to do just that with. Read on to see what I think about them!
When we talk about skin having an aged appearance, there are several things that go into that. These include fine lines, wrinkles, dullness, unevenness, dryness, rough texture and age spots. Some people may have all of them or just a couple.
Even though the aging of our skin happens naturally to everyone, it varies in when it starts and how pronounced it is. The reasons why it varies from person to person are as follows:
- Sunscreen use- The sun can cause our skin to age. People who use sunscreen frequently throughout the day (no matter the weather!) might not suffer as bad of effects as someone who doesn’t.
- Genetics- Some people have good genetics when it comes to skin aging and others have not so good ones.
- Not getting enough sleep- Sleep is really important for a healthy body. A healthy body typically equals healthy looking skin.
- Age- Just being of an older age causes your skin to have an aged appearance, naturally.
- Water consumption- Not drinking enough water can cause your body and skin to be dehydrated. Dehydrated skin can in turn cause premature aging.
- Smoking- This is not good for your lungs and is also known to cause premature aging if you do it regularly enough.
- Tanning- Sun bathing to get tan can cause fast aging of the skin. It is best to use tanning sprays or creams instead.
- Drinking a lot of alcohol- Alcohol causes dehydration which in turn can cause aging of the skin.
- Stress- A lot of mental stress can show up on our skin.
- Not eating nutritious diet- Eating a lot of unhealthy food can leave you devoid of the nutrients that the body needs to be healthy. This in turn can cause premature aging.
- Medications- There are some medications that can cause skin aging to occur. These include diuretics, a few anti-seizure ones and corticosteroids.
As you can see there are plenty of things that can cause our skin to age. Luckily, there are many products and treatments that can be used to help if you are really bothered by it. They are as follows:
- Retinoids- Retinoid products work to produce collagen for our skin. Many people have had great results from them.
- Various antioxidants- There are a lot of these added to products and are said to help combat the signs of aging as well as other issues. One example of this is CoQ10.
- Niacinamide- This is a form of vitamin B3 and is in many OTC products. It is said to provide anti-inflammatory benefits and increase collagen production.
- Alpha hydroxy acids- These acids (mandelic acid is gaining popularity these days) mainly come from plants and provide exfoliation for the skin. They are found in serums, lotions and creams.
- Chemical peels- These are put on one’s skin to improve certain things depending on the ingredients. They contain different types of acids at higher strengths than one would get in serums, lotions and creams. The peels are to only to be done a few or less times a month.
- Peptides- These are in a variety of products as they are said to reduce the look of wrinkles and firm up the skin.
- Botox- This is a more expensive but very effective option for people who want to reduce their lines and wrinkles. It makes it so that the area can’t contract which then makes the expression lines and wrinkles not show up as much.
- Laser resurfacing- This is an expensive procedure that can help with lines, wrinkles and blemishes.
- Facial massage- These require dedication and patience for results. People have said that their skin tone looks more refreshed and their wrinkles have reduced from doing it daily. I have done posts about the Gua Sha facial massage before, if you are interested in having a massage routine.
- Wrinkle patches.
- Red light therapy- This involves exposing skin to red LED light. It has shown to have benefits for the skin, body and mind. Spas typically offer red light therapy sessions and you can also do it at home with devices/lamps available to buy from various places.
It is important to do some research to see what product/treatment might be the best for you. Remember that you can’t have the skin of a child forever but you can make some improvements.
Frownies is a company that has been around since 1889 and has been owned by five generations of women. It all started with The Original Wrinkle patch and has evolved since then. The following are all the products Frownies has to offer:
- Wrinkle patches for the forehead, frown lines, corner of eyes, mouth area and lip lines. One of the patches has a serum on it and the others are just adhesive.
- Masks for the under eye area (gel based), neck/chin area (peptide based) and all over (clay based).
- Rosewater for toning the skin and moistening the wrinkle patches.
- Face wash.
- Vitamin C and E serum.
- Moisturizing gel.
- Body lotion.
- Cellulite cream.
- Vitamin E cream.
- Hand wash.
- Aloe gel.
- Body wash.
- Body brush.
The wrinkle patches are still the most popular of all the aforementioned products but all of the other ones have great reviews as well.
The original goal of Frownies was to help women look and feel beautiful in a natural way. Throughout the years this has continued to be the goal as the company’s reach keeps increasing.
Why I wanted them and what you get
I recently did a post about how I was going to be starting a tretinoin journey. My decision to use this product was because of me noticing two fine lines on my forehead and having bad hyperpigmentation that won’t budge.
When I was scouring the web about the usage of tretinoin, I found out that I had to stop all actives for a week or two before starting the product. Since I still wanted to have some anti-aging happening while I waited, I decided to purchase the Frownies Wrinkle Patches for the forehead as well as keep doing 20 minutes a day of red light therapy.
I was quite skeptical of the patches but since they had a lot of good reviews I wanted to give them a go anyways. So I ordered a box and patiently waited for them to arrive!
When they came in the mail, I noted how tiny the box was. For whatever reason I was expecting a bigger and more grand package despite seeing the picture of it on Amazon showing a small box (am I crazy?). It doesn’t matter as long as it works, right?
So, here is what you get when you order Frownies Wrinkle Patches:
Using the patches
The above video provides a wonderful tutorial on how to use the patches to achieve the optimal results. There are also videos of other people showing how they used them and giving their review of them.
They are not complicated to use at all -just a few steps are involved. The guide pamphlet that comes with the box also provides helpful pictures that show where to apply the patches and the instructions on how-to as well. Here is what it looks like:
The website makes sure to mention that results may vary with the Wrinkle Patches. They also talk about how the lines or wrinkles may come back as the day goes on.
It is important to wear them consistently- as in everyday for a few weeks for at least three hours at a time. After getting the results you like, the use of them can be backed off to about three times per week.
These patches do not have have any special ingredients on the back as it is just adhesive. They simply hold the facial muscles in place so that they can’t contract and move (how lines and wrinkles form!). This is much like Botox but obviously less expensive and done in the comfort of your home.
My review of the Wrinkle Patches
I was not expecting spectacular results upon first usage of the patches but I was still pretty excited. So, I did my skincare routine (cleanse, red light therapy, aloe Vera gel and oil) and waited 15 minutes.
Since my main concern is the forehead lines, I followed the second picture on the guide pamphlet. There are perforations in the patches which are nice but I did make sure to be very careful when pulling off a diagonal strip.
I gave myself a little massage on my forehead as instructed. Then I went to moisten the strip. Since I didn’t have the rosewater spray they mention, I simply sprinkled a bit of water onto the adhesive side of it. I then smoothed it out on my forehead and pressed it down until it was stuck there.
I went to bed right after applying the strip. After I got up in the morning, I went to the mirror and peeled it off.
The lines were gone!
I could not believe it. The lines did come back a bit at around nine that evening but I was prepared for that. Plus they were still fainter than they were before I put on the first patch.
Needless to say, I was hooked!
I have been using the Frownies Wrinkle Patches everyday since then and I couldn’t be happier. It seems that the patches and red light therapy are a “dream team” together when it comes to my forehead lines.
Another thing that I think has helped is that I have been more aware of my forehead movements. After all, this is the way my fine lines formed.
I still have hyperpigmentation which I don’t believe can be fixed with anything other than tretinoin (I wish I was wrong!). Because of this, I think that I will start using it in the near future but will continue on with what I am doing right now.
Here are my pros and cons regarding Frownies Wrinkle Patches:
- They work!
- Easy to use.
- Cheaper than Botox.
- No fragrances.
- Doesn’t irritate my skin.
- Maybe not quite as effective as Botox (never got injections done but it is just a guess).
- The fine lines can come back by the evening (mine did not the night before typing this post though!).
- Even though they are way cheaper than Botox, they are not the cheapest things ever.
I highly recommend them
I love these things and I am glad I bought them. They work so incredibly well for me.
If you are searching for a quick fix for your lines and wrinkles-consider getting the Frownies Wrinkle Patches. They are worth a try and you might like them just as much as I (and many others)do.
Have you tried Frownies Wrinkle Patches or anything like it?
Thanks for reading!
You can find the wrinkle patches on Amazon and on the company website.
Affiliate disclaimer: I am part of an affiliate disclaimer program. This means that I may receive a commission on any clicks and purchases you make.
#finelinesandwrinkles #frowniesfacialpatches #collagen #retinol #skincare #finelinesonforehead #30sskincare #finelinesonface #frownies
2 thoughts on “Frownies for Signs of Aging + Review”
[…] had wonderful results with the Frownies Wrinkle Patches for my forehead lines. I even did a post on […]
[…] to use Frownies Wrinkle Patches on my forehead every night as they really work. Check out my post where I review them if you are […]