Looking into upping the ante on your workouts?Awesome! Doing more intense workouts than you are used to can be really uncomfortable. Fortunately, there are things you can do that will help you to successfully complete your sweat sessions. This post will give you some ideas.
The 15 ways
1. Mentally prepare yourself beforehand- Psych yourself up! Think about how good you will feel afterwards.
2. Make sure to put rest days in your routine- Recovering from your new, higher intensity workouts will make it easier for you to keep doing them in the long run. Our bodies need rest once in a while!
3. Let injuries heal- If you get injured, you need to make sure it heals before trying to get through your intense workouts. You definitely don’t want to make things worse because overtime it will be hard to do the type of workouts you really want to do.
4. Listen to your body while doing the workout- Don’t push yourself so far beyond what you can do at the time because you may be at risk for injuries.
5. Make it worth your while- It is easier to keep going through the workout if you know it will lead to you reaching a goal you have for yourself.
6. Correct form- Keep your form right so you can actually get through the workouts without injuries.
7. Wear something comfortable but not too loose- If you are feeling stuffed in your outfit or it is too baggy causing you to trip/ get caught under things, it will be hard to have an intense workout.
8. Turn a fan on if you can- This will help because you are bound to start getting really hot during an intense workout.
9. Take water breaks- Hydrating throughout the workout will help keep you going. It is hard to keep up the intensity with a really dry mouth. I have found that taking sips of water instead of gulping a lot down is better.
10. Eat two to three hours beforehand- This will help so that your belly isn’t full while you workout. You might puke if you workout intensely shortly after you eat.
11. Put on some good workout music- If playing music is your thing while you workout, pick songs that will rev you up so that you can keep going.
12. Remember that It won’t last forever- Keep reminding yourself throughout the workout that it is almost over.
13. Put on an entertaining show/movie- This might help if music playing during your workout isn’t your thing.
14. Keep track of your workouts (see this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1712307479)- This can be helpful to look at before you start working out. Seeing how far you have come might help motivate you to get an intense session in.
15. Consider a pre-workout supplement- These can help you get energy and power that will help with getting through an intense workout. You must be aware of the risks and side effects though. Remember that I am not a medical professional so I am not telling you what to do or not to do. Just an idea!
This is all I can think of right now. If you have more ideas, please feel free to comment. Thanks for reading!
#workout #exercise #pcos #health