Having a bloated belly happens from time to time. There are different reasons as to why it occurs. No matter the reason, it is always uncomfortable.
Fortunately, there are ways to relieve some of the bloating in a short amount of time. The purpose of this post is to show you those ways (the ones that actually work) so that you can have them in your arsenal when are experiencing it.
13 ways to reduce bloat fast
The reasons behind bloating can be harmless but it is probably a good idea to rule out things like food allergies just in case.
For a relatively quick fix, the following are things to do and/or take to get some relief from the bloating:
- Dandelion tea– This tea is great to have around. Two cups can be of great relief. There are some interactions that may occur if you are taking certain medications so make sure to do some research on it first.
- Water with cucumber and/or lemon slices- Some say that cucumbers and lemons are nature’s diuretics. Putting slices in a glass of water may be of help to you.
- Turmeric and ginger tea-Combining these two together in a hot drink may help relieve bloating due to their anti-inflammatory effects. If you can’t handle the taste, you can keep around pre-made turmeric capsules and get it that way.
- Cinnamon tea- This tea will help with bloat and diarrhea. It will also make your house smell delicious! Just put a cinnamon stick or two in a cup of boiling water and let it steep for about 10 minutes.
- Fennel tea– This is a great for all types of GI upsets and menstrual cramps. Two cups of fennel tea a day should suffice.
- Slippery elm– This is also great for all GI upsets and menstrual cramps just like fennel! You can find this in powdered, liquid extract and capsuled forms.
- Hot pack or heated blanket- Placing a hot pack or heated blanket on the abdomen may bring down the bloat. Make sure they aren’t too hot when you place them on your skin.
- Chamomile tea– Not only is this great for calming the mind/body but it also can reduce the bloat! If you have it around, drink a few cups of this per day to combat it .
- Ginger- This has always been regarded as being great for GI issues and bloat is one of them. For this problem, it is best used in tea form (along or with other things).
- Peppermint- Peppermint helps with stomach upset and can also help with bloat. Drink some peppermint tea and/or rub diluted peppermint oil on your abdomen.
- Child’s Pose– This Yoga moves feels really nice and may relieve some bloat. It does this by giving your body (inside and out) an overall good stretch.
- Warm bath or hot shower- Higher water temperatures on the abdomen seem to help bloating. A warm bath is also very relaxing just in general!
- VapoRub- This is not just soothing to tired muscle but it can also make your abdominal bloat go down. Just rub a little on your entire abdomen.
Ditch that bloat!
The list of fast reducing bloat remedies are all ones that I have had success with. While results may vary in people, I think that there is at least one of them that may help anyone who is looking for some relief.
What ways work for you when it comes reducing bloat in a short amount of time? Let me know!
Thanks for reading!
#bloattreatment #supplements #tea #herbs #bloating #menstrualcycle #pcos #gi #physicalsymptoms