Yes, it is the New Year finally! Is it going to be a good year though? It is hard to say with the world being the way it is right now.
The fortunate thing is that we have the power to make part of 2022 better for ourselves. It doesn’t have to be all gloom and doom as you can still have a good life- it just might look differently than it would have in past times.
In this post, I will be talking about how I figure out goals and what mine are for 2022.
How I make my goals
There is a specific way I like to make my goals. This way relaxes me and gets me into the perfect mindset for figuring out where I want to be in life.
This is what my goal making sessions look like:
- Get an ambience video ready- I have been into these types of videos on YouTube for almost two years now and even make posts about them. I find them to be really relaxing and I love looking at new ones to put on the smart TV. After I find the perfect one for goal making, I get it ready to go so all I have to do is click the play button when I sit down.
- Make a hot drink- There is something so calming about a hot drink to sip on. It varies as to what I choose to drink but it is usually some type of green tea or a tea latte.
- Get out my special journal– This journal is specifically made for goal creation. Each goal “session” has two pages with sections for each area of people’s lives. These sections include work, relationships, health, leisure, beauty, spiritual, family/home and finance. In the sections, one can write down what is currently going on in those areas of life. From there, one will then be able to come up with goals and changes to be made so that their life is even better.
- Sit down and get started!
For this session, my drink of choice was the delicious Green Tea w/ Turmeric tea from the Bigelow company and the following ambience video:
So cheery and beautiful!
My goals for 2022
I did a goal post in August but it was only for ones I wanted to meet by the end of fall (didn’t meet any of them). The goals I came up with are for the whole 2022 year which is more realistic.
So here are my goals for 2022:
- Get a remote job- I HAVE to find a job in 2022. I do have medical PTSD from long-hauling with COVID so I would really like it to be a remote one. My home office desk is set up and I am ready!
- Set a good budget- I want to get better at managing money so that I am putting away some each month (after I get a job).
I absolutely love to blog. Here are my goals for my site in 2022:
- Get way more viewers- I am stuck at a only a few visitors per day and that is simply not good. Either my SEO game isn’t on point at all or my topics and titles aren’t buzzworthy enough. I will have to figure it out.
- Improve the look of it- It looks okay right now but I think it could look even better.
- Workout review- Once a week I am going to be doing a review of a workout. These workouts will be found from other sites (i.e. Fitness Blender) or YouTube videos. This will give whoever is reading my post a workout option if it sounds good to them and it will also change things up in my own workout routine.
Another goal in this area of life is to read more. I plan on reading at least one book a month.
I am doing good with working out so nothing needs to change there. I will also continue to do intermittent fasting. (6:30 PM- 11:30 AM fast).
I do have a goal for this area and that is to eat more vegetables. This is something I have not been good about. I will not be eating any lettuce though because that always seems to be recalled!
My only goal here is to learn how to do my own dreadlock retwists. I do not want to go to the salon right now because it is not safe and it also costs too much in my opinion. Learning how to do this has been the goal of mine for years now and I need to keep working on making it happen.
I want to try doing some at-home date nights with my husband just to spice things up once in a while. We can’t and don’t want to go out for dates (it is unsafe!) so the ideas might be kind of fun.
There you have it!
Those are all of my goals for 2022. Some of them are the same as last year’s so I really hope that I reach them this year.
Let’s conquer 2022!
Let me know what your goals are in the comments.
#thegoal #resistancebands #2022 #wfh #remotejobs #goals #newyearnewme #finances #life